An orthopedic surgeon specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and conditions that affect the bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, and other components of the musculoskeletal system. From sports injuries to chronic joint pain, an orthopedic surgeon at North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic can provide individuals from the Durham area with the specialized services they need.
Many patients in Durham, NC, choose North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic not only because of its convenient and easy-to-find location but also because of the skill and experience of our physicians. For example:
· Each orthopedic surgeon is fellowship trained, which means they spent an extra year honing their skills in their chosen specialty after their residency was completed to become highly qualified in that field.
· Our surgeons have years of experience in their fields of expertise and are able to provide you with specialized care based on the type and location of your injury or ailment.
· We have specialists in foot and ankle surgery, spinal surgery, podiatry, sports medicine, hand surgery, joint replacement, reconstructive surgery, and other areas to provide comprehensive orthopedic services.
· Many of our physicians have been recognized on the Best Doctors in America® List by Best Doctors, Inc., for our dedication to providing top-quality treatment and care.
· We offer next-day appointments—and sometimes same-day—with our physician assistants. Patients can also opt to wait a day or two to see one of our physicians.
Advanced-Level Treatment Delivered With Old-School Care
Patients also choose North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic because of how we treat them when they come to us. Even though we’re associated with Duke University, a large institution that’s a national leader in medical research and treatment, we bring a down-home country doc feeling to our patient care. That starts as soon as patients walk in the door, when they’re greeted by our friendly front desk staff, and it doesn’t end until they walk back out.
Our orthopedic surgeons don’t rush our patients. We want to get to know them, their lifestyle, and their goals for treatment. That way, we know how best to take care of their needs and get them back to living their life the way they want to. We always advocate for conservative treatment first. That includes:
- · The RICE method – rest, ice, compression, and elevation
- · Physical and/or occupational therapy to regain function
- · Bracing or casting to ensure the affected areas are stabilized
- · Prescription or over-the-counter medication
- · Steroid injections, including epidural injections
- · Platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections to encourage healing of torn muscles, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage
- · Passive therapies such as TENS, ultrasound, joint manipulation, and myofascial release
- · Dry needling or acupuncture to release trigger points
- · Kinesio taping for stability or to treat swelling
- · Nerve blocks to cut off the pain at the root
We strongly believe in providing specialized care with personal service to each and every one of our patients.
Why You Should Opt for North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic
Whether you’ve been experiencing joint pain for years or recently sustained an injury, one of our specialists can help you find the treatment you’re looking for. To schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon at North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic, contact us today. Our clinic in Durham, NC, is ready to provide the attention and care you need for your orthopedic condition.