For first-rate treatment of a foot or ankle condition in Durham, North Carolina, turn to the professionals at North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic. The experienced orthopedic foot specialists on our team are fellowship-trained and provide patients with the specialized care and personalized service that we’ve come to be known for.
Commonly Treated Foot Conditions
The orthopedic foot specialists at our clinic have experience treating a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions affecting the feet and ankles. Some of the ones we most commonly see include:
- Achilles tendinitis – This condition develops when the Achilles tendon—which connects the calf muscles to the heel bone—becomes strained due to overly intense or repetitive movements.
- Bunions – A bunion—which is characterized by a bony bump on the outside of the big toe base joint—develops when bones at the front of the foot shift out of place, often due to an injury or a deformity.
- Hammer toe – Hammer toe develops when the middle joint in a toe becomes abnormally bent, usually due to injury or wearing shoes that crowd the toes.
- Mallet toe – Similar to hammer toe, mallet toe involves an abnormal bend in a toe, but instead affects the joint closest to the toenail.
- Metatarsalgia – Often resulting from running and jumping, metatarsalgia causes pain and inflammation within the ball of the foot.
- Plantar fasciitis – This condition develops when the plantar fascia ligament—which connects the heel to the front of the foot—becomes inflamed, causing pain within the heel.
Attend a Consultation
If you’d like to discuss the symptoms you’ve been experiencing with one of the orthopedic foot specialists at our practice, contact North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic today. Our Durham, NC, office is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and we proudly offer same- and next-day scheduling.