Are you experiencing neck or back pain? If so, you can turn to the spine experts at North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic. Based in Durham, North Carolina, our orthopedic and spine center proudly serves patients throughout the area.
Offering Treatment for Chronic Spine Conditions
As a full-service orthopedic and spine center, we not only treat acute neck and back injuries—like fractures and sprains—but also chronic spine conditions such as:
- Arthritis – Spinal arthritis occurs when the joints within the spine become inflamed due to wear and tear (osteoarthritis), an autoimmune disorder (rheumatoid arthritis), or another cause.
- Bulging and herniated discs – The spine contains discs that are responsible for cushioning the surrounding vertebrae. When a disc becomes weakened, the soft material inside can begin pushing against the tougher exterior shell, causing it to bulge outward (bulging disc). If the exterior shell develops cracks, the inner material can start leaking out (herniated disc).
- Sciatic nerve compression – The sciatic nerve runs from the lower back down each leg. When this nerve becomes compressed, it can cause pain and other symptoms (collectively referred to as sciatica) to radiate down the affected leg.
- Scoliosis – This condition is characterized by a sideways curve in the spine.
- Spinal stenosis – There are a number of conditions that can cause the spinal canal to narrow and exert pressure on the enclosed nerves, including bone spurs, tumors, and swelling from a traumatic injury.
Request a Consultation
If you’d like to discuss your neck and back pain with one of the specialists at our orthopedic and spine center, contact North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic today. We offer same- and next-day scheduling, so just let us know when it would be convenient for you to visit our Durham, NC, office.