Chronic elbow pain affects millions of individuals each year and can make normal daily activities like getting dressed, making the bed, and driving more difficult. Fortunately, conservative treatment options such as taking pain and anti-inflammatory medications, icing, and using a brace can provide adequate relief for many individuals. However, for those who try nonsurgical treatment without success, a total elbow replacement procedure might be an option.
If you live in the Durham area and are considering having elbow surgery, look to North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic. Our fellowship-trained surgeons are leaders in their individual fields and can meet with you to discuss your symptoms and determine if an elbow replacement procedure is right for you.
Elbow Pain Causes
There are a variety of conditions that can cause debilitating elbow pain. They include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which causes chronic inflammation
- Degenerative joint disease, which can result in the deterioration of the cartilage lining the joint
- Severe fractures, which may be difficult to treat
- Post-traumatic arthritis, which can develop when an injury causes the deterioration of the cartilage
- Joint instability due to ligament damage
Visiting North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic
If you want to determine if an elbow replacement procedure is the right course of action for you, our sports medicine specialists can discuss your symptoms and treatment options. Our goal is always to help our patients find relief and return to normal daily lives.
Contact North Carolina Orthopaedic Clinic in Durham today if you would like more details about the elbow replacement procedures we offer.